Software for Event Planning Professionals (2023)
Planning an amazing event–no matter the scope of your experience– is never easy. No matter how large your team is, certain aspects can still fall through the cracks and make the event planning process even more of a headache.
Therefore, choosing the best event management software as an event planning professional is crucial to make sure your event goes off without a hitch. In this Superevent guide, we’re going to take a look at the best event management software on the market. We’ll outline the features that make these tools special so that you can make an informed decision on which one is right for you.
Let’s get into it!
What is Event Management Software?
Event management software is a helpful tool that allows event organizers to plan, execute, and manage their events. This assistance can come in two forms, depending on your needs. One form of event management software will handle specific admin processes such as booking, ticketing, and registration. While the other is an all-in-one solution that caters to every aspect of your event from beginning to end. This includes:
- Event marketing
- Project management
- Financial management
- Attendee experience
- Event performance
The software can also either focus on assisting with specific professional events or a combination of different events such as music concerts, conferences, award ceremonies, festivals, exhibitions, sporting events, and more.
Why is Event Management Software Important?
Easier event management
About 89% of businesses that use event planning software save approximately 200 hours per year. This makes it clear to see that dedicated event software is super effective in streamlining your event planning. Your event management team can use the tool to collaborate, conduct outreach, track engagement, and perform other necessary tasks that will ensure your event runs smoothly. Ultimately, saving you time planning and executing since everyone will be on the same page.
Good impression for attendees from the get-go
Depending on the type of software you choose, you’ll be able to better connect with and engage your event attendees long before your event even starts. And this is a major advantage because it solidifies a great first impression amongst your attendees that can lead to more registrations for future events.
Reduce costs of event planning
With an all-in-one tool, you won’t have to invest in multiple end-point solutions that only handle one task of your event. You’ll be saving a good portion of money, whilst benefitting from increased attendance rates because of the smooth automation the software gives you.
Criteria to Consider When Choosing Software for Event Planning
- User-friendly interface: Useful event management software will have a user-friendly interface so that your team can easily navigate it and your attendees can register smoothly.
- Integrated management: It’s best to prioritize tools that track the entire flow of an event, so you’ll have more holistic management. This is especially great if you’re managing a hybrid event that’s occurring both in-person and online.
- Reliable support: In case you do encounter any issues, you want to make sure that the software you choose has a reliable support system. The support you are offered shouldn’t just be technical, you should be able to get consultative and strategic guidance for any of your queries.
Best Software for Event Planning Professionals
- Superevent – Best for managing professional, science and medical-related events
- PheedLoop – Best for engaging your attendees
- Whova – Best for tracking event info in real-time
- Cvent – Best if you want to automate your event planning
- Wild Apricot – Best for organization membership management
Best for managing professional, science-related events
Superevent provides an all-in-one event management platform–on both web and mobile– for professional events. Clients can use the platform to build their own app for events such as conferences, summits, networking events, and company courses.
- Intuitive content management system: Superevent makes it very simple to design an event app in its content management dashboard. You don’t need any prior coding or technical experience, all you do is drag and drop features into the app and start editing.
- Interactive features: You can include a ‘Social Wall’ inside your app where attendees can comment and interact. There are also 1-on-1 messaging, Q&A sections, breakout video rooms, surveys, and voting sections you can add to make sure your attendees are getting a fully immersive experience.
- Stay informed: The platform allows you to stay on top of your event planning by including user and organization lists, documentation lists, personalized schedules, information pages, floor plans, and live notifications.
Superevent’s pricing is dependent on the size of your event. Small events are always free, and all features are included no matter the size of your event. There is also a selection of add-ons you can include to any plan.
- 0 – 50 guests (Free)
- 60 – 100 guests (€499)
- 110 – 250 guests (€999)
- 260 – 500 guests (€1999)
- 510 – 1000 guests (€2999)
- 1010 – 1250+ guests (€3999)
- Allows you to create both web and mobile (iOS & Android) apps for professional event management
- User-friendly and fully customizable
- You can create events of all types: in-person, virtual, and hybrid.
- Support is available every step of the way
- Relatively new platform
- Strictly for professional events, no support for festivals or concerts
Best for engaging your attendees
PheedLoop is an event management tool that helps you automate planning for in-person, virtual, and hybrid events such as conferences, meetings, and trade shows.
- Event app creation: The platform can automatically generate your event app based on the information you’ve already provided on the platform. Without coding or tech experience, your app will be ready in hours.
- On-site mobile check-in: For events that are on-the-go, mobile check-in capabilities are available for attendees to scan their tickets or e-badges to check themselves into an event. QR code scanning is also available for those who prefer a touchless solution.
- Advanced virtual event features: PheedLoop goes beyond hosting simple webinars. The platform allows live session streaming with live chat, gamification, virtual trade shows with real-time booth visitor tracking, and private group video meetings.
PheedLoop’s pricing depends on your personal needs so you need to fill in a form to request a quote.
- Makes it easy for small event planning teams to set up professional virtual events
- Attendants can download their own certificate of attendance from the app
- Fully customizable to represent your event
- 24/7 reliable support
- Because there are so many features, it can take some time to explore them all
- Not many accessibility features for the visually or hearing impaired
Best for tracking event info in real-time
Whova is a mobile-friendly all-in-one event management software used to create in-person, virtual, and hybrid events.
- Integrations: Whova offers multiple integrations such as Zapier, social media templates for your attendees to easily share their experience, and links to Survey Monkey surveys.
- Knowledgeable support: Whova’s online chat support, available during business hours, ensures that you get fast responses when you need them. The platform also provides live online training, and helpful resources to help you onboard smoothly.
- Interactive maps: To help your attendees avoid getting lost, the platform allows you to include interactive maps for your event. This is especially great if you’re hosting large conferences with different agendas happening at once.
Whova doesn’t offer structured pricing plans, you have to request a quote.
- Intuitive user interface that’s easy to navigate
- Encourages paper-free events with its document-sharing feature
- Whova’s mobile app is award-winning
- Useful post-event analytics
- No free trial available
- Some portions of the mobile app experience aren’t replicated on desktop
Best if you want to automate your event planning
Cvent is an event management software that aims to simplify the whole event lifecycle from start to finish.
- Automated event planning: Cvent offers solutions to help you save time planning your event by taking care of venue sourcing and multi-channel marketing campaigns pre- and post-event.
- Event duplication: To help save you time creating a brand new event, Cvent allows you to duplicate old events and edit them however you prefer.
- Advanced registration system: Cvent’s Flex Event feature has dynamic self-registration capabilities that allow your attendees to make modifications to their registration, such as cancel or directly request a refund.
Cvent’s pricing is fully customizable to your needs, so you would need to request a quote.
- Post-event analysis can help you improve your future events
- Cvent payment system allows for advanced fraud monitoring
- Mobile friendly for both iOS & Android
- Good customer support
- Need to request pricing
- No free-trial available
#6: Wild Apricot
Best for organization membership management
Wild Apricot is a cloud-based membership management solution for professional organizations, professional clubs, non-profits, charities, and community organizations. It provides a platform for these organizations to manage their members and organize events.
- Event website creation: Wild Apricot’s website builder allows users to create both a public website for their event and private pages for team members. There are multiple widgets that you can easily add to pages, such as event calendars, donation forms, and membership directories.
- Attendees stay informed: Once an attendee is successfully registered for an event, you can opt to send automated informative messages to attendees, so they are always up-to-date.
- Payment processing: The platform allows you to directly process payments made by attendees who sign up for your event.
Wild Apricot Pricing
Wild Apricot offers a generous 60-day free trial as well as six pricing plans.
- You can manage both members of your organization and all your events on one platform
- Payment processing is included
- Membership records are always available for event managers to review
- Supports organizations with a few members up to those with 15,000 members
- Email functionality is not the best
- It can be difficult to format web pages
A reliable event management software tool that streamlines your event planning and gives you the opportunity to engage your attendees before and after the event is going to be a game-changer for your professional events. The more a tool can help you with, the more you can focus on enriching the valuable experiences you’re planning to share at your event.
Whether you plan on hosting an in-person, virtual, or hybrid event, Superevent can help you make the process more immersive for your attendees. Want to take a test drive? Create an event for free now!