5 Best Virtual Symposium Platforms in 2023
Choosing virtual symposium platforms is a lot like decorating your living space. Picking the right pieces of furniture and decor gives your place a distinct, personal feel. Similarly, virtual events also need this kind of personal touch.
But with so many tools out there, how do you pick the right one to host a memorable conference?
Look no further than Superevent’s ultimate guide to the top virtual symposium apps that ensure a seamlessly engaging experience for both you and your attendees.
What Are Virtual Symposium Platforms?
A virtual symposium platform is a cutting-edge application facilitating attendance to online events, regardless of attendees’ location, time zones, and devices. By eliminating the need for travel, participants from all kinds of backgrounds, means, and locations can connect with a network of like-minded individuals.
Also, these tools allow organizers to engage with a larger global audience than in traditional face-to-face meetings. They offer a wide range of powerful features, including the following:
- Event Registration
- Live streaming capabilities
- Interactive activities (e.g., polls, Q&As, etc.)
- Monetizing events through sponsorships
Because of these potent qualities, you can create immersive, impactful, and memorable virtual events.
Why Are Virtual Symposium Platforms Important?
More Networking Opportunities
The beauty of virtual symposium platforms is that they provide loads of networking opportunities.
Event management platforms may provide contact information for each participant. To get these details, simply hover your mouse over the attendee’s image. You’ll know who they are and what they do before you decide to connect with them.
Extra Branding Options
Want to customize your conference by adding your logo colors, signage, etc.? A virtual symposium tool can let you do just that.
For example, an event planner in the pharmaceutical industry can leverage their brand colors and identity to create a bespoke app. This app allows for a more immersive event experience for participants, letting you showcase your brand on the event home page—making it easier for attendees to associate the symposium with your business.
A branded app also lets you entice sponsors as part of your event branding strategy.
Gets Insights Automatically
Assessing your symposium for successes and failures can help you refine your approach. By using virtual symposium apps, you can gain automated access to valuable and actionable KPIs, which offer insights into areas that require improvement.
5 Best Virtual Symposium Platforms
Are you in a hurry? Here’s an overview of the virtual symposium tools we’ll be covering:
- Superevent: Best for Creating a Free Branded Event App
- BigMarker: Best for Hosting Webinars
- Zuddl: Best for Unifying Tools to Host Virtual & Hybrid Events
- Accelevents: Best for Managing Event Tasks Under One Roof
- WebinarJam: Best for Hosting Webinars On One Platform
Best for Creating a Branded Event App
Supervent is a web and mobile application that lets you host a range of professional events—from virtual symposiums and conferences to trade shows and networking events.
For organizers, Superevent provides a white-label web and mobile app that can be branded with your event logo and colors. The event management dashboard gives you instant access to important event data like attendee lists and session attendance, and you can even create custom surveys to gather feedback.
For attendees, Superevent’s app is intuitive and easy to use. It has a user-friendly navigation system that lets them easily browse sessions, access conference materials, find sponsors, check out exhibitors, share thoughts and reactions, and more.
- Mobile Apps: Elevate the participant experience by enabling mobile registration and interaction with speakers and fellow attendees.
- Attendee Engagement: Breathe life into your virtual symposium with contests, polls, Q&As, breakout rooms, and more.
- Professional Events: Hold memorable events, such as hybrid, in-person or virtual congresses, conferences, symposia, exhibitions, town halls, and more.
Getting started with Superevent is a piece of cake—you only pay for what you need and events are free for up to 50 attendees:
- 1–50 attendees: Free
- 60–100 attendees: $537
- 110–250 attendees: $1,075
- 260–500 attendees: $2,151
We also offer add-ons for event organizers looking for extras like native mobile apps and live streaming support. Try Superevent for free today!
Pros & Cons
- Free plan for up to 50 participants
- Branded web & mobile apps
- Hosts virtual and hybrid events
- Interactive tools to engage attendees
- Easy to set up & use
- Free plan has limited features
Best for Hosting Webinars
BigMarker is a software program that enables users to run webinars, virtual, hybrid, and in-person events to engage their audience.
The platform also facilitates the production, publishing, and generation of actionable data for your conference.
- Integrations: Connect the platform to your CRM to gain more valuable insights about your audience.
- Studio: Use the broadcasting studio to create and stream high-quality events.
- Hybrid Events: Run in-person and online events from the same platform.
BigMarker has three plans, but you’ll need to request a quote to see their pricing.
Pros & Cons
- Tools to market your event
- Flexible pricing
- Easy to use
- Technical glitches
- Sound needs improvement
According to 369 reviews, the app received a 4.8-star rating, indicating most users are satisfied with the software.
Best for Unifying Tool to Host Virtual & Hybrid Events
Zuddl is an event application that unifies the tools you need for your conference before, during, and after the event.
It integrates with key event planning tools, such as Salesforce, HubSpot, Marketo, and Eloqua to bring a range of functionality under one roof. This helps you run virtual, hybrid, and in-person events seamlessly.
- Event Landing Page: Create a landing page to promote your event and drive traffic to the registration page.
- Ticketing & Registration: Register potential attendees with ease.
- Communications: Send email follow-ups to increase the chances of attendance.
Get started with Zuddl by choosing from three plans: Webinar ($500/month), Virtual ($2,000/month), and Enterprise (custom).
Pros & Cons
- Improved UI
- Customer support
- Allows for customization
- Rooms feature needs some improvement
- Slow streaming speed
- Zuddl has received a 4.8 stars review from 152 users, showing that they’re pleased with the tool’s features.
Best for Managing Event Tasks Under One Roof
Accelevents is an event management platform that helps you run virtual and in-person events of any size.
You can host conferences and trade shows along with intimate workshops, seminars, and networking events.
- Registration Workflows: Customize registration forms to accept registrations, generate sales, and capture data.
- Real-Time Lead Capture: Collect and qualify leads through a branded app.
- In-depth Analytics: Grasp your event’s performance via a dashboard.
Accelevents offers several pricing packages based on the types of events you want to host. You need to request a demo to access the prices.
Pros & Cons
- Responsive customer service
- Fast and effortless to learn
- Competitive Pricing
- Ticket management feature needs some improvement
- Registration of speakers is a bit complicated
- Out of 137 reviews, the app received a 4.7-star rating. It demonstrates that many users feel impressed with the platform’s features.
Best for Hosting Webinars On One Platform
WebinarJam is a powerful cloud-based broadcasting technology that allows you to host presentations for up to 5,000 participants.
With a roundtable of experts, you could run a solo webinar or even enable six presenters on the app. This technology gives you the versatility and scalability to succeed in virtual conferences and webinars.
- Attendee Spotlight: Improve attendees’ engagement by letting them invite each other to speak and share their views live during your event.
- Flexible Scheduling: Run your webinars at convenient times and days to suit your unique schedule.
- Video and Audio Broadcasting: Produce HD presentations while you’re broadcasting your screen share or webcam.
You can try the software out by selecting from the following prices:
- Starter: ($39/month per 100 attendees)
- Basic: ($79/month per 500 attendees)
- Professional: ($229/month per 2,000 attendees)
- Enterprise ($379/month per 5,000 attendees)
Pros & Cons
- Super quick to respond
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Chat and live features have some technical glitches
- Sales webinars don’t work well
- Difficult to cancel payment
- WebinarJam has received a 4-star rating from 268 users, indicating that some of its features function well.
Level Up Your Virtual Symposium With the Best Event Management App
Selecting a virtual symposium platform can determine the outcome of your webinar, web conference, hybrid event, or virtual meeting.
Look for an event management app that empowers you to develop a custom app that elevates your attendees’ registration and participation experience. Seek out a platform that is user-friendly and easy to set up, enabling participants to engage with ease.
Want to level up your virtual symposium? Superevent has you covered. Our platform lets you host memorable and highly engaging conferences, summits, networking events, and more using intuitive dashboards and features.
Try Superevent for free and see the difference first-hand!